You’ll develop professional skills and competence in practice.
Field education teaches students to apply the theory and knowledge learned in the classroom to social work practice in agency settings. You’ll work directly through human service agencies—with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.
We are affiliated with more than 1,000 human service agencies throughout the New York metropolitan region, including, but not limited to:
- Child welfare agencies
- Community centers
- Detention centers and correctional facilities
- Domestic violence agencies
- Mental health clinics
- Medical and psychiatric hospitals
- Nursing homes and extended care facilities
- Residential treatment facilities
- Substance abuse treatment programs
- Veteran’s programs
- Youth service agencies
» View our field education FAQs